We have over 250 volunteers regularly working for Hospice Marlborough.
They are much valued team members and as a group donate tens of thousands of hours to the hospice every year.
We are always looking to welcome new volunteers to our team. Prospective volunteers are asked to complete our application form.
Once this has been received we invite them to attend an informal interview with the Volunteer Coordinator. Once confirmed as a Hospice volunteer we offer orientation and ‘on the job’ training.
Usually we can find a voluntary role to match every person’s talents and skills and the typical volunteer opportunities include:
- Bereavement support
- Sitting with patients
- Reception and administration duties
- Assistance with catering
- Assisting patients in writing their life story
- Flower arranging in the Hospice
- Transporting furniture or adaptive equipment for patients use in their home equipment
- Tending the Hospice gardens
- Working in the Hospice Shop
- Helping out with fundraising activities on a regular or occasional basis
For further details please contact:
03 578 9492
Or download the application form.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for Hospice Marlborough, we look forward to hearing from you.