Business Support Team Leader, CEO Executive Assistant & Marlborough Hospice Trust Administrator
0.8 FTE (32 hours per week) permanent. Flexible hours by negotiation.
Would you like to make a difference in your community? Hospice Marlborough is keen to welcome an exceptional business administrator and leader to the team.
The position is 0.8 FTE and involves an exciting mix of responsibilities supporting both the Hospice Chief Executive and the Marlborough Hospice Trust (MHT) Chairperson.
Hospice Marlborough has provided care services to the people of Marlborough since 2003.
The Marlborough Hospice Trust receives contract funding from Te Whatu Ora with other funding raised from the community through events, donations, bequests, grant donations and the Hospice Shops sales.
Reporting to and supported by the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), you will lead the non-clinical administration staff that support our business operations at Hospice Marlborough. You will maintain, assisting the CEO to build capability aligned to MHT’s strategy, vision, mission, and objectives. You will deliver Executive Assistant tasks and responsibilities for the CEO.
As the MHT Administrator you will provide a range of professional and often confidential administration in support of the Chairperson and other Trustees.
Ideally you will be able to demonstrate:
- Proven professional executive support at Director, CEO, and/or Board level.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills.
- Good negotiation and influencing skills.
- Work positively in a team environment, be able to delegate in an effective manner and stay calm under pressure.
- Strong planning and change management skills being well organised with the ability to prioritise, keep track of work in progress and meet deadlines.
- Self-directed with excellent time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures.
- Be friendly and approachable, having a good sense of humour and fun.
- An intermediate or higher level of expertise with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, PowerPoint).
You will have the right to live and work in New Zealand and hold a New Zealand drivers’ licence or equivalent without restrictions.
Hospice Marlborough promotes equity and inclusivity, welcoming applications from diverse backgrounds and cultures, especially from Māori and Pacific people.
If this sounds like you, we welcome your application letter and curriculum vitae (CV) to the Chief Executive Officer, Chief.Executive@mht.org.nz prior to 3pm Friday 26 May 2023.
A full job description is available on request – telephone 03 578 9492.
MEDICAL DIRECTOR / PALLIATIVE MEDICINE SPECIALIST
Part time: 0.5 – 0.7 FTE (20 – 28 hours per week) negotiable
Medical Director / Palliative Medicine Specialist
- Based in sunny Blenheim, close to the Marlborough Sounds
- Senior specialist leadership role
- A progressive organisation delivering contemporary practice
We are recruiting a palliative care specialist at an exciting time for Hospice Marlborough as we develop our new model of community care. You will be a key player in promoting and upholding the brand integrity of Hospice Marlborough, ensuring our organisation continues to be recognised as a specialist service provider of high quality, person and whānau focused palliative care.
Key accountabilities are to:
- Lead and manage the medical team at Hospice Marlborough, providing coaching, mentoring, supervision, and role modelling.
- Provide comprehensive specialist palliative care for patients, families & whānau referred to Hospice Marlborough, interfacing with relevant health care partners.
- Provide quality care, supporting families and patients whilst ensuring that the medical services are provided in an efficient and cost-effective manner
- Provide palliative care education for non-specialist palliative care medical staff, including education and professional development for general practit
Our successful applicant will have:
- Vocational Registration with Medical Council of New Zealand including a current practicing certificate.
- Membership of Australia & NZ Society of Palliative Medicine and Fellow of the Australasian Chapter of Palliative Medicine or FRACP (Pall Med).
- Experience in implementing Te Tiriti O Waitangi principles and committed to achieving equitable health outcomes for all, particularly Māori.
- Proven ability to develop trust and build successful community wide networks.
- Effective communication with strong presentation skills and can demonstrate a collaborative working style.
- A visible passion for healthcare and the field of palliative care.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hospice Marlborough we are fully committed to provide ongoing professional development opportunities for all staff. We pride ourselves on having a fun, friendly and supportive team environment and culture. Staff wellness is a priority for Hospice Marlborough, providing access to paid clinical or professional supervision as well as access to our Employee Assistance Programme.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, including a professional development allowance.
Hospice Marlborough: Te Whare Kumanu o Wairau
Our Vision: Our Marlborough community has access to specialist palliative care and live and die with compassion, dignity, in comfort and in peace in their place of choice.
Our Mission: We at Hospice Marlborough provide specialist palliative care services to our community through a highly skilled team. We are agile as a service provider and strive to meet the needs of our community. We will ensure patients and family receive empathetic quality care, ideally in the environment of their choice.
- Compassion and respect
- Ambition and innovation
- Collaboration and inclusion
- Excellence and professionalism
If you think this role is for you then do not hesitate to send your application, a covering letter and CV to Chief.Executive@mht.org.nz
Should you wish to discuss this opportunity further, on a no obligation and confidential basis and to receive a copy of the job application pack, including the job description, please contact:
Carole Crawford, Chief Executive Officer Chief.Executive@mht.org.nz +64 (3) 578 9492
Applications open until our ideal candidate is found.